Boston Public Library Hyde Park Branch - Boston, MA
The Hyde Park Library located in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Boston, MA was built in 1899 and was designed in the Classical Revival architectural style. It became a branch of the Boston Public Library in 1912, when the town of Hyde Park became part of the City of Boston. It’s the only Boston Public Library branch that began use as a town library.
In 1997, the architecture firm of Schwartz/Silver broke ground on an addition and renovation of the building. Construction lasted for three years, and the building reopened in January 2000. The new construction is a mix of modern architecture designs, and ones intended to mimic the original classical revival style. A new reading room and collections are held in the modern glass wing. In 2006, the Hyde Park Branch Library was awarded a Best Accessible Design Award, which was co-sponsored by the Massachusetts Architectural Access Board and the Boston Society of Architects.
Matt Lambros MA Boston Oct 27, 2022 Architecture Arts History
Location: Boston, MA
Matt Lambros Oct 27, 2022
Share Boston Public Library Hyde Park Branch - Boston, MA